1. Both people usually think they are right and the other is wrong. Such an attitude isn't helpful - even if correct.
2. If you win an argument, it just makes your partner a loser. That's nothing to brag about.
3. People do not change by being blamed or criticized. People change when they are respected and cared for.
4. If you want to be treated well, you must know how to react effectively - especially when you are being treated badly.
5. There are many ways to explain any behavior. Be prepared to change the way you interpret your partner's words or actions.
6. If you wait for the other to change, you may wait a long time. Make the first move and see what happens.
7. If what you're doing doesn't work, do something different. Make small changes and see what happens. Small changes can lead to big changes.
8. Catch each other doing things right.
– Bill Rucker